Monday, May 3, 2010

How to Remember a Forgotten Password

Forgetting a password can be a stressful and embarrassing experience. Here are some tips for remembering a forgotten password.

    • Ask yourself the following questions:
  • What are the passwords I normally use for other things?
  • What was I obsessed with when I created the password?
  • What are some "key words" in what I are trying to get into? (For example, if you forgot the password to a document, it might be something like "homework" or "essay".)
  • What are some of my favorite colors, animals, foods, sports?
  • What are some of my nicknames?
  • What was I thinking about when I created the password? (For example, you might have used "I am hungry" or "I am bored".)
    • Think back to the day you created the password and walk yourself through the process.
    • Try "Confidential," "Do Not Read," or something along those lines.
    • The standard password is just that: "password."
    • You would be surprised how many teen's passwords have to do with siblings! Normally an adult's passwords will not, but often with youth "Robert Is So Annoying" or others are way more popular than you would think!
  • If you still have your surfing history (or any other similar information) that could give you a clue as to what you were doing on the computer right before you changed your password, look through it trying to identify what was on your mind at the moment.

Tips

  • Sometimes it is possible to hack into computers or reset a password by other means by going to the control panel.

Warnings

  • Use this information to figure out your own passwords, not someone else's.
  • If you lost the password to a Microsoft Word document, you will not be able to recover it. There will be no way to hack into the document and it has no "I forgot my password" option.
Source: www.wikihow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment